How to Change Your wifi Router’s Login Information ?
- First thing we login to our routers to know the information of the wireless connections that our router is having.
- Second d thing is we can use this login page in many ways like we can know how many users are connected to our router.
- Third thing is we can use this platform to have a control of the speed of the network.
- We can also see the security options with which we can make our wifi secured by hackers.
- we use this also to change the password of the router
- Main thing : In this once we login to the router using our ip address of the router then we can see user name and password by default the password and user name can be as below.
- Username: admin (or) user
- Password:password (or) admin
Why should we change default password:
The first thing you should do after accessing your router is change the default password to something more secure. If you were to leave the default password as it is, someone else could just walk up to your router and mess with its settings. The person could, for example, disable your wireless security and capture your personal information without you knowing about it.
To change your router’s password:
Step-1: Enter your router’s IP address into your favorite web browser i am using a D-link ROUTER so my login page is 192.168.0.1 and i am using a chrome browser .
THESE ARE FEW ROUTERS LOGIN PAGES:
|Router Brand||Login IP|
|Linksys Default Login||http://192.168.1.1|
|Belkin Default Login||http://192.168.2.1|
|Asus Default Login||http://192.168.1.1|
|Netgear Default Login||http://192.168.0.1|
|TP-link Default Login||http://192.168.0.1|
Step-2: Log in with the default username and password (both admin, usually). If you are not able to do the login then enter them in different order, swap them and try.
Step-3: As you are able to see some options to the left of the window there you can find the option of the INTERNET and click it.
Step-4: After clicking the option you will see some option to the top of the window there choose the Tools option.
Step-5: Now you can see the ADMIN PASSWORD section there you can see an option of a new password and verify password .
Remember that a strong password is at least eight characters long and consists of a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters.
Step-6: Once the password is set click on the save settings and your admin password is changed.
NOW YOU HAVE SECURED YOUR ROUTERS PASSWORD.
Now even though if people are connected to your network they can’t be able to access the admin settings.